Eva and Nils Koppel were a Danish architect couple whose work held a very important place in the history of Scandinavian design of the 20th century. They studied and graduated from the School of Architecture of Copenhagen. At the beginning of their career, they worked in Finland at Alvar Aalto’s design studio. In 1946, they established their own studio back in their home in Denmark.
During their active years, they earned a significant reputation, working on major architectural projects and designing wallpaper, light fixtures and furniture. In 1956, Nils Koppel was appointed Inspector of Royal Buildings. Their growing architectural firm was then commissioned with more substantial projects. At the end of the 1960’s, they formed KKE, which became one of Denmark’s largest architectural firm.